Thursday, June 30, 2011

freebirds

something i wrote a while ago...

on a night such as this
when the amphibian symphony
wanes with the waxing
moon i can't help
but imagine my heart
this massive pump feeding my body
my breath in
and out
in and out
out and in
my heart is a lark
flapping against my chest
bones and beak and wing
my heart is a singing loon
a silly moon
my heart is thumping rapidly.
my soul is still
waiting
     waiting
        waiting like a dove
heart tucked beneath wing
still
listening,
stilled beating
and silly moon when
you go to sleep
the life-bearer
brings the new day
and my menagerie
tweet and whistle
and strain against
their bony bars.
i am free
i am free,
they sing
the moon to sleep.
(i am free!)


                                 (i am free!)






   




       (free as a bird.)




                        (FREE.)










zzzzz.


No comments:

Post a Comment