Friday, January 14, 2011

Introspection #1...singing kettles, cardboard box.

singing kettles or stinging nettles??
I am starting to keep an eye out for this tasty plant, even if it a bit early.
Mike got me a paderno kettle for Christmas. It sounds like a very
melodious train coming into the station...
the Tea Train is coming!
THE TEA TRAIN IS COMING!
I am tickled every time I use it.
Plus it should last at least 25 years.
I highly recommend.

Two friends of mine have a Two year old, and they have introduced me to all kinds of awesome kids tv shows and videos, including Yo Gabba Gabba (this one's for Mom!) and this one video by Bob the Builder...Big Fish Little Fish Cardboard Box! It might become my morning energizer. It's that good. Reminds me of Cotton Eye Joe...

But back to what might be called the Meat of Christmas. It was swell! I was well-roasted by the end. Coming home every year, you don't get as much time as
you would like to really get to see how people are changing and while you know they should be different, you don't expect it. So I feel like the first few days of visiting usually involve re-negotiating your emotional boundaries with people and really standing by who you have become rather than falling back too much into who you were. Going home, you've got one foot stuck in the past. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, for going home I had immense amounts of fun.
A good part of Christmas was re-solidifying friendships and catching up with people I haven't seen in YEARs.

Tomorrow I update with pictures of my voyage. A montage of images!

No comments:

Post a Comment