Thursday, January 20, 2011

Third Time's a Charm

Ah, Winter...


This is our third winter on-Island. I can't believe it.
I also can't believe how far we have come, how much we have figured out.

Our first winter, we nearly froze, had very little water, no vehicle = hardly any social visits, and hardly any phone reception. We were also quite poor for we had very little work until February...watched a LOT. I mean, a serious assload of movies.
 LAST winter, we nearly froze, had lots of water, a vehicle, more friends and better location, and slightly better phone reception. Still no Internet. Also, we were quite poor, but managed to make rent and pay for gas. Watched not so many movies, and better ones..

But this year? Ring a ding ding, let me tell you.
Cozy and snug, almost too Much water, two vehicles, lots of friends and best location, skype phone AND Internet, lots of food in the house, freezer, and cupboards from months of diligence and hard work, and we both have work.

Wow. I am very proud of how much we've accomplished.
Life out here is difficult, but more physically difficult.
The problems are mostly straight-forward (ie...out of wood = chop more wood).
While there is much always to be done, I am also not so distracted, which brings me greater satisfaction from my personal interactions with my environment and community. My friends would agree, now is the time for rest and preparation.

I think this year I have learned to enjoy Winter.



So...HAVE YOU VOTED FOR BILLY SHEA?!?!? (please)
Go HERE
Click on GALLERY (girl with her foot on an amp, playing guitar)
Use the ARROW on the RIGHT side of the screen (small, gray, round)
PAGE 2
CLICK on BILLY SHEA - HARENA (middle column, 3rd from top)
If you don't time to WATCH, please just vote - sending Billy to the Guitar Institute in the UK would change his life!!
But honestly, it is a fantastic song. I listen to it at least 6 times a day.
To VOTE, enter your email address in the grey rectangle on the right of the video
and CLICK VOTE!

Goodnight.






No comments:

Post a Comment