Sunday, January 30, 2011

Vote for Jerry Byrne

If I lived in St. John's East Federal District...I'd vote for Jerry Byrne!
Of the people in the video, he seems the most..human...
So for now, all you political party people, here is a some background info about his business history, siphoned directly from the Internet.
I will have more on this in some later post....




He recently retired this year, but this info is from the Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters (Alberta Division) site....

"Jerry Byrne is President and CEO of the D.F. Barnes Group, an international metal fabrication, manufacturing and services contractor.  A graduate of Memorial University’s Faculty of Engineering, Jerry has more than 25 years of experience building companies from the ground up, both locally and internationally.  He is a recognized entrepreneur with a strong technical and management background who understands the importance of cash flow.  Jerry has established several successful Newfoundland companies, including SEA Systems Limited and its affiliates, Glamox Canada Limited, Navalco Canada Limited, and Cantech Systems Limited.  He launched several successful companies in the United States, where he lived for a number of years before returning to Newfoundland and Labrador in 2002.  Jerry’s experience comes from years of decision making in the areas of budgeting, materials selection, sub-contracting, joint ventures and strategic alliance formation, operations and best practices.
Today, as President and CEO of the D.F. Barnes Group, Jerry plays a key role in the company’s business development.  Under his leadership, the company has grown from 10 to more than 500 people and revenues have increased by more than 6,000 percent.  Jerry is also a well-recognized figure in the local business community.   He is the immediate Past Chair of the Newfoundland Ocean Industries Association (NOIA) and current Chair of the NOIA 2008 Conference.  Jerry also sits on the Board of Directors for Canadian Imperial Venture Corporation and the Genesis Group".


"....I feel as if it is time for me to get myself aware of Canadian politics. Whether or not I like it, shit is happening, and I want to know who's "running" this country -  or at least being my voice. And I want that person to want to be my voice, our voices..not just their voice(voice..what a strange word)! We don't have much control on a whole, us, the common person..because we are not aware how much power we could have - and what a positive kind of power! So eff all this shiz. I want to be engaged by the future, not afraid of it". - moi

And one last note, my computer is fixed and en route back to me, which means a lot to me..it feels a little bit like someone has taken part of my brain. but i will have it back, and have all the bits and pieces needed to finish all these post drafts.

Even though life is great,
I wish I could be this woman for a day.

I feel like this today.


2 comments:

  1. GOOOOOO JERRY BYRNE!!!
    I imagine he's also the most handsome candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear kind inhabitants of galiano island.

    how the fuck are you? i'm just back from grand adventure and try to track all ya muthafuckers down. get the band back together.

    if you receive this message pls send me a notification or smoke signal. i realized i don't really have any way to get a hold of ya'all.

    kk@kriskrug.com
    778.898.3076

    ReplyDelete