Sunday, November 14, 2010

it is getting dark so early!
when the clocks first go back in the fall
and the nights are quickly darkening..
i appreciate the moments of cool sunshine through the clouds -
i actually stop wherever and feel it on my face, my hands..
and as the world fades gray-blue and the chills
put their chilly fingers on my neck and
slide down my wrists to my elbows
and the Damp creeps in - but not too much..
ah, such a slightly mischevious feeling
and a reason to run inside to my cozy fire
and cuddle in my cabin!

It's hard to describe the first feelings of fall turning into winter and the magic of it all without it being cheese-arific. In a few weeks all the leaves will be off the maples and birches and we will settle into a winter routine. Excitement up to Christmas, waiting for nicer weather come January. Starting to find comfort in the winter months, though. You have to have hobbies, and be OK with yourself. I feel OK with myself.

Still need to tell you all about yesterday, but not now.
Some things to contemplate..








the end, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment