Sunday, November 7, 2010

old poetry, OH NOETRY!

Ahem.
And now, poetry that I wrote whilst I was younger.
Just before 18?
This will be a short series, mainly to kick my own butt into writing again.
I will just post just one or two for now.

#1
The Stars Will Blush!
i want to run into your arms and tumble,
legs entwined,
to the ground.
i want to roll around in your arms and kiss you
while the stars blush and huddle closer together.
you crumbled my fortress with a smile.
the little things you do
speak louder than you will ever need to.
i didn't remember that i could feel this way.

#2
! i am Youth !
i have nothing to be sad about.
i have two strong legs to carry me
and two strong arms to lift me
i have a voice to sing with
and eyes to take everything in.
i want to take everything in.
i am young and innocent,
at least for a moment
and i will keep myself busy
with learning and loving -
maybe not another
but myself,
and all that i can do
with this world
that is mine for the embracing.

 -end-

hmm. I wrote the former at aroung 18, and the latter at the tender age of 16. Sometimes when I read old poetry of mine, I forget who wrote it. 

OH.


BIG SHOUT OUT TO KATHLEEN BUCKLEY MY FIRST FRIEND/FOLLOWER. Here is her website. She is touted coast to coast in this fine Canadian country for her glassware! I even had someone today tell me so. And that she's looking ffiiiiiiiine!
http://cre8glassworks.weebly.com/

1 comment:

  1. oh wow.
    i found a goldmine of poetry.
    mostly from ages 14-18.
    i might have to write a poem about my teenage poetry!

    ReplyDelete