Monday, November 15, 2010

So. Saturday.

Saturday could have been terrible.
On my way to a craft class for children,
I put my van in the ditch by my driveway.
Very gently.
My van is temperamental and do NOT worry mom,
I am fine, the van is fine, it is allll good. 
These tourists were walking by and would not get out of the way
and in trying to not hit them and watch for traffic,
I got distracted.10 out of 10 for finesse, though. Ha.


Anyways, at this point,
a miracle.
Two angels in disguise, Don and Bill, both drove by and got me out of the ditch in 15 minutes, van safe and sound. That was that. Crazy.

So. Back en route to my craft class. I decide that everything is FINE and I will be ok and the class will either happen or not happen (trial-run). If it does, excellent fun. If not, ah well, more homemade Christmas presents for me.

It ended up that I did NOT have anyone show up (needs better advertisement).

BUT.
(i don't know why i am using so many capital letters today..)
World Canada Youth were staying at our school's gym on a little mini-vacation.
They did a 12-hour healing circle on Friday, and on Saturday, they were just relaxing,
getting ready to prepare a feast of Mozambiqian food.
The food was delicious. Yum yum.
Anyways, when I arrived they were about to take a course from my friend Cedana on making homemade herbal first-aid kits. They also had made these plaster of paris face masks.

So. They were interested in tie-dying, my class. So I came back afterwards and did tie-dying with all of them. For those who do not know, WCY is related to Katimavik, and the people involved were 18-24.
We had a laugh! I wish I had my camera for the first part of the day, but here is my tie-dye shirt...
Couldn't stop laughing!



                                                                      




But after the dinner, I came home to a romantic evening, complete with baked brie, before heading back out to the folk-rock show at the South End Hall. WHICH WAS AWESOME!!!!
There were so many people there! 20 people from WCY, about 20 locals, and 10-15 other randoms.
Holy cow. After the band stopped, someone put on an ipod or something and we danced up a storm...they taught us a few moves, those WCY people. There was appreciation all around, so much fun.
I hope I can go out to Sooke before they go back to Mozambique!
So here are a few highlights from the Dance....





                                       Katherine and Sultan - everyone wanted to dance with him!

                                              Myself, Katherine, Mercia, and Jacque

                                                                          Us ladiezzz





                               The volleyball team....LtoR Bernardo, Felizado, and Leopolo



LtoR Bonnie, Jacque, Carston, Tristan, Mercia


                                              It wouldn't be a west coast party without Ian

                                                         We danced to the wee hours.

 
  mmmm baked brie with maple syrup, walnuts, blueberries, and brown sugar
and pastry!

No comments:

Post a Comment